Tips for Sellers
- Start Up:
Give yourself plenty of time to prepare your sale.
- What to sell:
- Household Items
- Small Appliances
- Baby items
- Clean clothing
- Food Items
Please refer to this link concerning the Arkansas Department of Health food safety and permit guidelines. Certain foods classified as Cottage Foods do not require a permit to sell. This pdf file details which food items may be sold without a permit. A summary of items is included on the final page of the document.
- Collecting Items:
Gather items from all areas of your property; clean items sell better.
- Partnered Sale:
When more than one seller is involved, use separate color price stickers for each seller or initial stickers.
- Signs (Bright Yellow Poster Board):
- List your address on all signs, in large black lettering.
- Place signs, visible from both directions, so buyers have plenty of time to stop safely.
- Be Sure to:
- Have all items priced reasonably.
- Have plenty of change.
- Have paper, pencil & calculator.
- Have plenty of shopping bags.
- Guard the pay table and remove built-up cash to a safe place.
- Be ready to start early.
- After the Sale:
- Remove all signs from street.
- Unsold items are a tax deduction if you donate them to charity.
- Keep receipts for donated items.